Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pensive Tuesday: You Think You've Got a Plan....

And then something unexpected happens. I had a serious, comprehensive Pensive Tuesday post all worked out, but then I noticed something strange on the windowsill....

Fluffpuff is blooming! Is this the face that launched a thousand ships??


Fluffpuff, blooming.
Fluffpuff is a Mammillaria hahniana (I am quite certain now because it blooms in a magenta ring). No, I didn't name this cactus Fluffpuff, a child did, and frankly, he looks a little grumpy. But that's OK, it's been a tough month for everyone I know. His funny "face" made me laugh, and so he pre-empted the post I'd planned. Sometimes, life hands you a nice little surprise when you need it....

2 comments:

  1. That face would cheer anybody up, nice one! Hope the xmas rush is treating you kindly at your neck of the woods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't stop giggling when I saw "the face"! I'm through with making and shipping holiday boxes, so I'm feeling better, thanks. Hope all's OK with you!

    ReplyDelete