Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Fun: Lithops Photography

I really love having fun with photos. Especially photos of wonderful plants like Lithops. Today, as I only have a half day at work, I'm having fun with my Lithops photos...who wants to join me?
Here's the base photo:
Lithops have bold, abstract patterns all their own, so I thought I might play with these patterns a little. Here's what I came up with:

Lithops Abstract, MR, Jan 2014
I would love to see this on a fabric for pillows or table settings. I believe there is a company that does just that, I'll have to research it and perhaps order some Lithops fabric. I have it available as a print in my e-gallery at Society 6.

http://society6.com/MarlaRobb/The-Genus-Lithops_Print#1=45

Here's a closeup of an L. dorotheae:
Lithops dorotheae abstract, MR, Jan 2014
I hope many gardeners out there are having fun with photographs of their plants. Have a wonderful, creative weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment