Friday, May 16, 2014

Weekend Walkabout: Fresh Dahlia, First Sunflowers, New Lithops!

The dahlias have regenerated and are blooming again; there are still mites, but they are now part of the system, not bullies:
And my first sunflowers are blooming! This year, I planted florist varieties, not edible varieties. They are growing at exactly the same rate, and achieving the same size, as the Russian Mammoths. Seems plants are quite intelligent and know that on a sand dune, they have an optimum size to achieve....
And more than half of my Lithops are regenerating. Here are two representatives:
Tomorrow I will be out and about, learning about the medicinal properties of our native plants. I will post about it for certain, perhaps on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your gardens.



No comments:

Post a Comment