Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weekend News For Lithops

Here's a real beauty of a Page 3 Lithops, repotted at last....

L. lesliei albinica
This is Lithops lesliei albinica, and despite the unusual golden/green coloring, these are fairly easy to grow. This one has just finished re-leafing, and deserved a new, bigger home. The pot is is terracotta earthenware with a malachite low-fire glaze.

And here are the seedlings that are just about a year old now:

Some of these will be ready for new pots with deeper soil in just a month or two. So off I go to make more mesembs/cacti soil mix. Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Marla,

    The little plants look great. I love your pots, too. Are you selling them on line?

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gail. I do plan on selling them eventually. I'm taking the series of small business courses now. It's quite scary how much time small businesses take, how complicated they can be, and I don't have enough time yet to do anything except a half-hearted job at it. In about 2 years, that should change, so now I'm concentrating on improving my work! There's a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete